Friday, May 05, 2006

He's just a kid...

A 16 year old on trial today for 1st degree murder for killing his bus driver here in Tennessee last year, found out his fate. The jury found him guilty. And his punishment...

Life in prison...

He will be eligible for parole when he is 65 years old.
Yes that's right...65 years old.

This kid is 16... you do the math.

I thought this was a bit harsh. Yes...he did kill someone, but I feel sorry for this kid. He ruined the life of the victim and that family and he ruined his life.

But is this justice and reprobation to keep this kid in prison for that long?

Is this vengeance?
Is this blind justice?

Or is this a society at fault... for failing our kids?

I feel for the victim and that family.

I feel anger for the stupid act of violence committed.

I feel deep sorrow for this kid...
Why?

He's just a kid...

We all do stupid things...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is some real good reading Terry I'm really impressed.
KIm Watkins